Cypress, TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-15)
Not sure if this is the best forum to open this in, but here goes. And apologies in advance for the length, just trying to get it all out there.

As a part of our In-ground pool build, they built a ground level pool deck, The deck surrounds the pool and extends up to the house (picture a large patio off of the house.)

In the deck, drain holes where installed, and a drain trough was installed along the house where the deck abuts the house.

All these drains, and I would imagine any overflow line or lines coming from the pool are ties back to an underground 4" drain that extends from the backyard to the front street curb.

For the last few days, I've noticed a stream of water out of that drain into the street. Sometimes it's just barely a dribble, and I've even seen it where it looks like it has stopped.

But over the last few days it keeps reappearing.

Just this afternoon, I walked out to the curb, the "stream" was there. I them walked over to look at our water meter, The needle indicating water was running in our house was spinning.
But at that time, I was the only one home and there was no water running in our house at the time. No toilets flushing, no washing machine one, etc.

The pool level appears fine, the water is still (no ripples).

Could there be a pool drain valve, and overflow valve, etc. near the pumps and filter that is partially open?

The 2nd pic (please ignore the 1st, attached inadvertently) is of all the pool equipment. Perhaps that valve on the far lower left side. The 90 going into the ground, with the label just to its right that says "POOL RETRUN".
Sorry. I'm just not that familiar with the pool plumbing configuration.

Thank you very much for any advice.

Attachments

• IMG_1402.JPG
    IMG_1402.JPG
    570.9 KB · Views: 12
  • Pool Equipment.jpg
    Pool Equipment.jpg
    599.7 KB · Views: 10
Your pool may have an autofill which is a float valve that is supposed to add water when the level of the pool drops.

It sounds like your pool also has an overflow drain that is connected to the drain at the curb.

So it may not be a leak but a faulty autofill valve that is adding water to the pool which then flows out the overflow drain.

The highlighted valve below may be connected to your autofill. I would turn the valve off and see if your water meter spinning stops and the flow out the curb stops.

You need to do a hunt around your pool to find an open hole in the back of your skimmer or towards the top of your tile line where your overflow drain would be.

And you need to look for what looks like a toilet bowl float in a hole in the ground near your pool that can be the autofill.

Pool Equipment.jpg

1st, thanks ajw.

I'll try the valve circled in the pic. See what that affects.
And I haven't pulled the lid yet, but I'm going to assume the autofill is under that plate just NW of the skimmer lid, correct?

Attachments

• Autofill Float.pdf
    153.4 KB · Views: 3
  • Float Valve.jpg
    Float Valve.jpg
    998.6 KB · Views: 6
Ok, closed the valve, needle stopped spinning. Should be okay to close the valve overnight, when the pump isn't running, correct? I'll turn it back on in the AM, and will open/close it until I've fixed the issue. (while keeping an eye on the level)

And yes, pulled the lid and there was the toilet style shut-off valve. Now I'll just need to figure out how to change it. It's not like the toilet tank, where you can get to the bottom and unscrew the retaining ring. Probably won't be too difficult to accomplish though ... I hope.

Thanks ajw. And also to you, mknauss.

mk, clicked the link you supplied, plus a couple of Youtube videos. We should be good to go.

Thanks again all

Excuse all the questions.

Any difference between the Poolmiser valve and a say like a almost identical looking ToiletMaster toilet fill valve?

Excuse all the questions.

Any difference between the Poolmiser valve and a say like a almost identical looking ToiletMaster toilet fill valve?
That is being looked at in this thread. Probably identical…

Ok, ordered a new FluidMaster fill valve. But just so I understand, what can I look at to insure this is the defective component? What would a defective valve be doing that I could see?

Make sense?

And thanks all. Y'all been great help.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.