Monterrey, NL, Mexico
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
On the new pool at the ranch, i finally narrowed it down to a skimmer line leak. Its a quite fast leak with pressure but slow with suction. The good thing is that the skimmer line goes directly to the equipment pad(i have 2 skimmers). My question is how do you try to locate exactly where it is? A good portion of the pvc pipe goes through the shell. Is there a way to pin-point it? For now im working with just 1 skimmer.

My question is how do you try to locate exactly where it is? A good portion of the pvc pipe goes through the shell. Is there a way to pin-point it?
I know some of the pros will use "deck plate" listening devices that really get location specific. I'm sure there are other methods. Can you post a pic or two of the surface area where this suspect suction line runs?

I’ve gotten lucky a few times pin pointing leaks under ground with just using a plumbers bladder. As long as it’s not under concrete, I run the bladder with all the valves open and the water sometimes surfaces.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.