leak between diverter valve and valve actuator for solar

Nov 13, 2014
Melbourne, FL
Last night I heard a slight sucking noise in my pool plumbing and saw there was a leak between the stem that goes from a diverter valve to the valve actuator for my solar. Water dribbles out at a fairly steady rate when the pump is on, drips intermittently when off. I'm guessing there is a bad O ring in the diverter valve stem. My local pinch a penny has the O rings in stock. I'm not at all mechanically inclined, but it seems like it *should* be a simple fix...that it's just a matter of turning off the electricity, relieving pressure in the filter, removing some screws, replacing the O rings, and making sure I just realign everything back the way it was when putting it all back together? Am I being naïve or missing anything? I can't seem to find any YouTube videos for my specific actuator.

Attachments

• IMG_5846.jpg
    IMG_5846.jpg
    264.1 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_5847.jpg
    IMG_5847.jpg
    271.4 KB · Views: 14
You have a Pentair actuator. We don’t know if you have a Jandy or Pentair diverter. They have different stem O ring buildups. Get the correct O ring kit and use some pool lube on the O rings when installing. Replace both the big and stem O rings.

E92B0F2C-AF9D-45DC-806E-785D457D7D8C.jpeg

9568949E-7E16-431B-86B4-0BB49ABA7D49.jpeg

Well, he might have to go back for the lube anyway. Don't use just anything you've got laying around, especially not anything petroleum based (NOT Vaseline, for example).

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.