Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite Pro (T-15)
Hi All,
I wish my first post was more positive, but the reality is we've got a problem and I could use advice on the appropriate resolution.

My new pool is 2 months old since completion (and payoff). It's been a great experience from the build through these early weeks. We used a premier builder and probably paid more than others, but we got a very nice pool, well built and on time. But after Hurricane Ian (not a direct hit...just lots of rain) I noticed that the autofill was constantly running. Shutting it off pointed out a water loss of about 0.5 inch per day or so. The PB was very responsive and we've been methodically testing for 2 weeks now. It passed all pressure and dye tests. They tell me that they finaly found a crack in the port that connects the autofill to the skimmer. This was repaired with some sort of adhesive/epoxy. We're testing now to make sure that was the leak and that the water level is holding.

Assuming this was the leak, my real question is if this repair is acceptable vs how hard to press the PB to demo the concrete and rebar to replace the assembly. I think they'd obviously like to stop here, but also believe they can be persuaded to go further. Adhesive feels like a bandaid fix, but a demo is radical and perhaps a bigger problem than the original issue.

I'm a first time pool owner so I've no experience to go from. Other than this, all has been great. I'm maintaining the pool myself via TFP guidelines with great success. I've lurked here through the whole build process and the forums here have been a huge help. Thanks to all for that!

Pool specs are in my signature.

Thanks!

Hi and welcome aboard. LOVE your pic! What a pretty area and sunset! It is nice to hear you had a good build experience and your PB is so responsive!

What kind of adhesive was used? Once we have that info we can move forward with advice. Do you have any pics of the area that was fixed?

Hi and welcome aboard. LOVE your pic! What a pretty area and sunset! It is nice to hear you had a good build experience and your PB is so responsive!

What kind of adhesive was used? Once we have that info we can move forward with advice. Do you have any pics of the area that was fixed?
Supervisor came out this morning. He said that it was a harline crack near the base of that port opening. They used Plast-Aid on it which he assures me is tough permanent stuff. You can see the yellowish material in the photo (taken through the water).

Attachments

• IMG_5077.jpg
    IMG_5077.jpg
    164.9 KB · Views: 7
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.