Rotonda West, Florida
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Autopilot Digital PPC1 (RC-35)
I have a hayward Super II with 1 h motor. The pump developed a leak during the reconstruction of my home after Ian (I wasn't paying attention to it and pad the price) and the leak finally got in to the motor and it quit. I replaced the Hayward motor with a Century, and at the same time I replaced the impeller, diffuser, bearing, diffuser gasket and pump case gasket.. I did not replace the nylon wear ring. Pump started and ran fine. Pressure at the filter is 10lb. I have 4 jets that operate when water is diverted to them. After replacing the parts, now there is a slight "weep" from the pump in normal running mode. When I divert the water to the jets the pressure goes up to around 18 and the pump slowly leaks water. This did not happen prior to replacing the parts. The pressure would remain fairly constant (would not incesase) with the jets operating and the pump did not leak. The entire output of the pump is diverted to the jets. It seems to me the leak has to be associated with something I replaced. I had replaced these same parts previously with out issue. I need suggestions on where to begin looking for the problem and what I need to replace. I could adjust the valve to send less water to the jets which would reduce the pressure, if I do that, what should be the maximum pressure at the filter.

I have a hayward Super II with 1 h motor. The pump developed a leak during the reconstruction of my home after Ian (I wasn't paying attention to it and pad the price) and the leak finally got in to the motor and it quit. I replaced the Hayward motor with a Century, and at the same time I replaced the impeller, diffuser, bearing, diffuser gasket and pump case gasket.. I did not replace the nylon wear ring. Pump started and ran fine. Pressure at the filter is 10lb. I have 4 jets that operate when water is diverted to them. After replacing the parts, now there is a slight "weep" from the pump in normal running mode. When I divert the water to the jets the pressure goes up to around 18 and the pump slowly leaks water. This did not happen prior to replacing the parts. The pressure would remain fairly constant (would not incesase) with the jets operating and the pump did not leak. The entire output of the pump is diverted to the jets. It seems to me the leak has to be associated with something I replaced. I had replaced these same parts previously with out issue. I need suggestions on where to begin looking for the problem and what I need to replace. I could adjust the valve to send less water to the jets which would reduce the pressure, if I do that, what should be the maximum pressure at the filter.
Leaking from where? Pump outlet? Re-seal the plumbing.
Below the motor? Shaft seal most likely.
At the junction of the sealplate and pump body? Replace the gasket. Its very easy for that gasket to get out of its groove when reassembling the pump and that is a frequent leak spot. Best to not re-use a gasket that was crushed by it moving when the pump is re-assembled.