Leak around light

silver8ack

May 7, 2017
Sewell, NJ
I have a leak around my light. It appears to be on the outside of the ring that surrounds the light itself. It’s a vinyl liner.

How do I go about fixing this? Can I pop off that ring without draining the pool?

Attachments

• AC2717E9-A817-42DE-BCA3-0051B90F8600.jpeg
    AC2717E9-A817-42DE-BCA3-0051B90F8600.jpeg
    130.9 KB · Views: 26
I suspect it may depend on exactly where the leak is originating. If leak is actually in the niche behind the light due to shifting soil that cracked the electrical conduit, that's one thing. But if it's truly at the junction of vinyl seam and light/niche, that could end-up being a much more extensive repair issue.

I'm going to ping @PoolguyinCT who may be able to confirm and provide a bit more advice.

Thanks. As of now I’m planning to shove some epoxy putty in there. The leak is definitely on the outer rim of the niche. I think it’s called the niche. Between the outer ring and the vinyl. Confirmed with dye.

I will probably put some epoxy in there and hope it gets me through this year and will probably replace the liner next year.

Unless you wise folks tell me that’s a dumb idea :)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.