Latham Onyx and Stardust gray

We are strongly considering the Latham Onyx, but our installer says his experience is it looks blotchy and purple when under water. Do you have any comments on how you like it? Thanks!
Hmmmmm. I would definitely not call it blotchy (very uniform, actually) or purple at all. We absolutely love it and would replace it with the same one in a heartbeat.

Hmmmmm. I would definitely not call it blotchy 9very uniform, actually) or purple at all. We absolutely love it and would replace it with the same one in a heartbeat.
thank you so very much! as we all know, picking a liner is so very hard! I love the idea of having the pool look more like a natural pond. Your input is helpful!!

One more....can you see the bottom of the pool? Trying to determine how dense/black it would be. Thanks.
We AGONIZED over this decision, too. You can see the bottom no problem! I was worried about that but it is not an issue. We live in the country and really wanted it to look like a natural body of water rather than a Caribbean beach, and it fits the bill perfectly. It is most dense on a grey overcast day. In bright sunlight it reflects the trees and sky like a mirror. Here’s a night shot in case it helps. The purple color lights makes it super cool at night. You wouldn’t think that, but it really does. I also have some video I’d be glad to share with you if you dm me your email address.4D985A48-53C5-498D-B7BC-DCA6A532ACDA.jpeg

I think dark liners look great. It's an area where liners have a clear advantage over gunite - so take advantage of it. If you get a dark plaster finish - that's when you can get blotchy or mottled as a feature. And if you want to see how to build a pool right, follow @wgipe 's pool build link in his signature.

• Love
Reactions: Nancyweg and wgipe
We AGONIZED over this decision, too. You can see the bottom no problem! I was worried about that but it is not an issue. We live in the country and really wanted it to look like a natural body of water rather than a Caribbean beach, and it fits the bill perfectly. It is most dense on a grey overcast day. In bright sunlight it reflects the trees and sky like a mirror. Here’s a night shot in case it helps. The purple color lights makes it super cool at night. You wouldn’t think that, but it really does. I also have some video I’d be glad to share with you if you dm me your email address.View attachment 400775
When you first put water in the pool with your liner was it really dark even in sunlight ? Your pictures in sunlight are pretty. My pool with latham onyx looks like an oil spill even in sunlight. I would do stardust grey if I could do it over again. Hopefully it lightens up.

When you first put water in the pool with your liner was it really dark even in sunlight ? Your pictures in sunlight are pretty. My pool with latham onyx looks like an oil spill even in sunlight. I would do stardust grey if I could do it over again. Hopefully it lightens up.
Hi, I too am on the fence between Latham Onyx and Stardust Grey. You would change to the grey if you could? The Onyx is just too dark? That is what I'm a bit afraid of.....

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Hi, I too am on the fence between Latham Onyx and Stardust Grey. You would change to the grey if you could? The Onyx is just too dark? That is what I'm a bit afraid of.....

Yes I would so much so that I may just bite the bullet and pay for a new one next year. As of today it is just too dark. I have large bay windows and looking out of them I cannot see the bottom of the pool.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.