Latest on Jacuzzi pumps?

RickNewGuy

Jun 6, 2019
Beaumont, TX
Evening all. I need to replace my single speed Pentair pump - bearings are about shot. My local Leslie's has a Jacuzzi VSP-150, which seems like a very good deal (based on price). That said, I haven't seen any recent posts about Jacuzzi pumps... anyone have an update? I heard a rumor they were bought out... any news on that?

Also, how does the VSP-150 compare to the Jacuzzi JVX-160?

Thanks, Rick

From this thread - Opinions on "Jacuzzi" brand pump and filters

Jacuzzi I believe stopped manufacturing Pool Equipment in the 90's or early 2000's. The company that is manufacturing this pump is AstralPool Products | AstralPool. Seems they have a arrangement with Jacuzzi and Leslie's pool mart.

AstralPool is a major pool manufacturer in Australia. Maybe some of our down under members will comment.

Thanks for responding... I went ahead and pulled the trigger today and started the install this afternoon. I will say that it looks nice (nice and sleek)... but having issues with the plumbing, so will have to finish tomorrow (I hope).

Few notes:
  • Jacuzzi is owned by Leslie's
  • My pump was manufactured in Australia (as you mentioned)
  • Lack of installation instructions in the box / online made it a little challenging for a first timer... but I got it all figured out
  • JVX-160 is for commercial properties, VSP-150 is for residential
I will update a few months!
Thanks, Rick

Been several weeks since the install... and so far, I am very impressed!
  • It is quiet! Noise level decreased about 20 decibels... currently in the mid-50s on high speed. When it is on the low speed, I can barely hear it.
  • It is/was easy to operate and program.

I had a few issues with the plumbing (old parts were glued in)… but all in all, the install was easy.

Highly recommend.

Just wanted to chime in here I have been using a jacuzzi pump as a well pump to water my lawn and garden sometimes for two hours at a time since 1987, about 34 years. I estimate the hours on it at about 11,000 hours. I have not had one issue with it. I know this is hard to believe but it is true and amazes me every time I use it. GPM and pressure is quite like new.
Calculates to 2 cents every hour I have used it since 1987 lol.

Last edited:
Just wanted to chime in here I have been using a jacuzzi pump as a well pump to water my lawn and garden sometimes for two hours at a time since 1987, about 34 years. I estimate the hours on it at about 11,000 hours. I have not had one issue with it. I know this is hard to believe but it is true and amazes me every time I use it. GPM and pressure is quite like new.
Calculates to 2 cents every hour I have used it since 1987 lol.

Welcome to TFP.

They don’t make them like they used to.

Past performance is no prediction of future results.

Reactions: johnnypump
Aussie reply here - we use astral pool equip a lot, ive got two, one for the pool one for the solar heating. pool pump is the Viron P320 - variable speed - bearings went at about three years and replace under warranty and just went again at 6 years. The mechanical seal leaks at about 2 years which screws up the bearing and corrodes the pump requiring remediation. they are Crud. the solar pump E230 is fixed speed but uses the same bearings and seal - also Crud. just replaced them at about 4 years. lots of videos on youtube on how to do it, not hard, minimal tools required and the parts are cheap. Moving forward going to replace the mechanical seal every 18months from here on and the bearings every three years. My thinking is the corrosion of the pump housing takes a lot of time to rub back and repaint - changing the seal and bearings is relatively quick. Im sure there must be better quality stuff out there, sure wish i owned it not this rubbish. the variable speed cost about AU$1600 and the fixed speed about AU$450 - bearings and seal about AU$65 if you do the work yourself

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.