Latest and Greatest? Hayward Automation System

frustratedpoolmom

TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
In The Industry
May 20, 2007
Key West, FL
Am I the only one that hates it?

Why is there no "service" mode, or am I just missing it... 2 of my clients had the same system installed last year, and I hate it. If I just want to turn on the lights, to white? Why can't I do that without going through seven themes of "mardi gras" and "patriotic" blah bleh...

The system shut down one client's pump 4 days ago without warning or notice, installer said to fix it they had to "clear out the system and reconfigure everything. If that ever happens again, the system has to be reconfigured." So this pool that is not even one year old had to be chlorinated with liquid and a submersible pump to prevent it from turning south.

But what caused it? What prevents it from happening again? Is it a glitch in the software? How does the software get updated?

I'm sorry this stuff is getting way too unnecessarily complicated. I get that folk want to control everything from their phone and tablet, but this is ridiculous.

Give me a 1hp Pump and intermatic timer and sand filter ANY DAY. KISS!

Rain is over! Time to go to work....:cool:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.