Late to opening my pool. I cannot get CYA granuals to dissolve.

I have an Intec easy set 18' x 48" deep pool. I took the CYA granuals and put them in a bucket with hot water to try to break them down. Then after the water cooled I took the bucket and lowered it into the pool. Its been 36 hours and I am still showing 0 CYA. Last year I made the mistake of dumping the granuals into the pool and stained the bottom. Therefore, the idea of leaving it in the bucket and setting it in. Thank you.

You need water circulating around the stabilizer to dissolve it. We recommend you put the stabilizer in a sock and dangle it in front of a return or in your skimmer. Every few hours squeeze and shake the sock in the water to release the dissolved stabilizer. It can still take a day or two to fully dissolve.

Reactions: Wobblerlorri
You need water circulating around the stabilizer to dissolve it. We recommend you put the stabilizer in a sock and dangle it in front of a return or in your skimmer. Every few hours squeeze and shake the sock in the water to release the dissolved stabilizer. It can still take a day or two to fully dissolve.

Does that work in this type of pump? Amazon.com : Intex Krystal Clear Cartridge Filter Pump for Above Ground Pools, 1000 GPH Pump Flow Rate, 110-120V with GFCI : Swimming Pool Water Pumps : Garden & Outdoor

My pool is an easy set from Intec.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.