Fort Worth, TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-15)
Hi all. Been reading these forums like crazy past few days. Thanks for helping keep me relatively sane to this point. I’ve been trying to ride this out with my pump running but the 8 degree temps last night that are not expected to break until Tuesday afternoon, and actually get worse tomorrow night, has me thinking I’ve been defeated. I had an hourly alarm set last Night to check on things and feel like I just barely made it through. The majority of the pool has a layer of ice except by the sun ledge jets, and directly in front of the skimmer which is below the waterfalls. What I’m most concerned with are the waterfall features- Ice is developing in the slits where the water comes out And I’m worried this is going to eventually block up.

Im prepared to pull the plugs on my pump and filter this morning, but I’m worried about the pipes freezing once everything is shut down. Won’t water will be sitting in the pipes in the waterfall walls that are above ground? Does draining and opening the valves allow enough relief that the water in those walls can drop back below the ground? I have a few return pipes as well that go under a concrete patio. Terrified that if they were to burst the cost would be insane to repair as the patio would need to be removed.

I appreciate any advice. Really just trying to figure out what my safest bet is here- continue to ride this out and not let all the ice spook me or pull the plugs and Hope those pipes don’t freeze. Thank you all so much.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.