Landscaping with rocks

Paintgrl

May 26, 2021
PA
Hello, I recently had a 24’ round above ground pool installed. On the one side the i staller had to level down about 18”. I am left eith an area that about 20’ long by 2’ wide and 18” deep that I need to back fill. I would like to use river jack rocks. I was told dirt wouldnhold too much moisture around that 18” of the pool but was also told that 18” of river jack would put too much weight against the pool. Any one else have this issue or know what to do? Thanks!

River rock is a magnet for dirt to accumulate. Have you considered just a couple loads of fill dirt and sod the area?

Hey PG !! use whatever you like best, but put nothing touching the pool itself. Even rocks will have morning dew and hold moisture against the pool.

Hey PG !! use whatever you like best, but put nothing touching the pool itself. Even rocks will have morning dew and hold moisture against the pool.
How would I keep the rock or whatever I use, from actually touching the pool? Someone told me to use a plastic barrier between the pool wall and the stone but not under the stone.

Leave an inch or two of nothing. No rocks. No plastic. Nothing. :) Just enough that you can’t see the gap from a few feet away, but that there is a gap.

Oooooooh. I love the look of bricks as the inside border. Red/grey/blue..... whatever your fav is. So, Pool-gap-bricks-fill of choice. (y)

Our is going to end up being similar to yours. I don’t like the idea of anything that could hold moisture being up against the pool wall. We are going to do a small retaining wall on the side they have to dig out then will put a 3” thick layer of gravel about 2’ wide between them

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.