LaMotte ColorQ9

Pipeorganman

May 12, 2019
Little Rock, AR
I can’t find any mention of this test kit. Am I wasting my time trying to compare numbers with an FAS/DPD test? Our CYA is consistently in the 90’s. I drained half the water and retested=same result. Having organic staining issues which improve when I add shock-temporarily. I added a 3 month Algaecide a month ago. Added two 1lb. bags last night of Sodium Dichloro-s- Triazinetrione Hydrated. TCL was 6.65. FCL was barely higher this afternoon and staining was reappearing. PH was 7.2. CYA was 93. I added two more bags, organic staining instantly started disappearing. Any ideas?

19,000 gal.
in ground vinyl pool
Hayward chlorinator with 3” pucks

Welcome to TFP.

You can read about the limitations of the Color Q at Pool Test Kits - Further Reading

Do you have a staining problem or an algae problem?

Based on TFP methods your FC is low for CYA 90 and you probably have an algae problem.

I suggest you read…

Thanks. I am leaning toward an algae problem as well.

Then you need to get a test kit that can measure FC over 10 ppm to follow the SLAM Process. And you will need to drain water to lower your CYA to 30-40 ppm so that you will have a SLAM FC of 12 - 16.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.