Ladder question...

bryansanders

Jul 27, 2015
Green Country, OK
I am just checking to see if anyone has experienced ladder issues such as them being too short. I am about a foot short inside and out. I have sand bags inside as a base now (pic shows boards) I will be adding a deck soon so not real worried about the outside. I do believe the ladder is extended all the way up..

Is there a rubber base available for support or do I need to buy a taller ladder?

View attachment 40798

woodyp

Mod Squad
TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
Apr 17, 2010
East Texas
Now there's a problem I've never seen before.
Did you just buy that pool and ladder combo?
I'd sure have it swapped out if you did!

Stump

LifeTime Supporter
Jul 4, 2013
Oklahoma
Welcome to TFP!! NE Oklahoma is beautiful in all 4 seasons.

Ladder had to been for 48" pool looks like you are at max on height your adjustment. I would not want to place wood 2 by`s in my pool possible liner could be damaged and algae breeder.

bryansanders

Jul 27, 2015
Green Country, OK
Beautiful it is. The 2by's were temp. I have sand bags supporting now. I'll figure something out, surely someone out there has dealt with this before...I hope!

BOOMER!!

Tere

Bronze Supporter
May 30, 2015
Colorado Springs
I think I will have a similar problem. For now I have the ladder inside and steps out side for my son who is handicapped. I want a deck and then put the steps inside. Now on my outside I am using railroad ties to boost up the steps so I know I need 9" of height if I put the steps in the pool. I was thinking of using the all plastic decking boards and stainless steel screws to fabricate a bottom step. There are plastic decking made of wood fibers and plastic and I think just plastic decking boards.

kimkats

Mod Squad
LifeTime Supporter
Jul 10, 2012
Tallahassee, FL
Good job so far! That liner is a pretty one! THANKS for the pic! More please!

It looks like you are going all the way around! NICE! Ours is 3/4 that way around. Maybe one day we will go all the way around but I don't think so. We have been here 13 yrs ..............LOL

So how did you get someone to GIVE you a pool that big? Did they also give you the equipment?

Kim

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support

Stump

LifeTime Supporter
Jul 4, 2013
Oklahoma
Excellent start Bryan! I am looking forward to more updates. I enjoy working with wood nothing better than smelling cut lumber.

I built a privacy fence 5' by 45' in 2012 and small deck 6' by 30' in 2013. Are you using all new material for your build? I am not cheap just like re-purposing good used material.

Good story my fence pickets are Norwegian Spruce from Norway via Great Britain and majority of my framing material shipping pallets from a friend who had hauled it home never used it and was going burn it all.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 74
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 74

kimkats

Mod Squad
LifeTime Supporter
Jul 10, 2012
Tallahassee, FL
That is so neat that you were able to reuse the pallets and those fence parts having such a neat beginning!

Do I really see 4 levels on your fence? LOVE IT!

Kim

bryansanders

Jul 27, 2015
Green Country, OK
Thanks Stump! All the materials are new. I too love wood working. Hey nothing wrong with repurping! I have about 20 pallets waiting to be disassembled so that they can be repurped. Your fence/deck combo is looking great. I'll post an updated pic or two tonight. Rain showers everyday do not help.

Thread Status
Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.