Ladder for Sloped Pool Walls

AirRev

May 17, 2020
Pennsylvania
Hi. New to the forum. I moved into a home with an older amoeba shaped concrete inground saltwater pool. I'm guessing 1950's or 60's. At the end of last season, my pool company told me I'd need a new ladder. They recommended and purchased a Saftron Elite 3-Step (resin). When they came to install it, they realized that our pool walls are sloped/curved so that as they descend they curve toward the middle of the pool (kind of like a bowl). As a result, the ladder cups won't sit flush on the pool deck. Wondering if anyone has run into this and how they've solved for it. FYI, we would prefer a resin ladder so that we don't need to tear up the pool deck to bond the ladder. Thanks in advance!

Hi Keith, thanks for your reply! It's a little hard to explain, but it's not the reach, it's that the walls of the pool are not perpendicular to the deck surface. So no ladder will sit flush on the deck. Hoping there's a solve!

Last edited:
Hi Kieth, thanks for your reply! It's a little hard to explain, but it's not the reach, it's that the walls of the pool are not perpendicular to the deck surface. So no ladder will sit flush on the deck. Hoping there's a solve!

If you have some pics of your pool and your current ladder and how it attaches that could be really helpful.

Sure. Here are some pictures. I also tried to draw a little diagram so you can see the issue. I'm no Michelangeo. The pool is sort of a bowl. So if the ladder sits flush against the sidewall, it does not sit flush on the pool deck (and vice versa). Unfortunately at the end of last season, our pool company told us our current ladder was warped and that we would need a new one this season. Since I thought it was no good, I threw it out. Now I'm figuring out that it possibly wasn't "warped." It may have actually been custom or bent on purpose for this pool.IMG_1189.jpegIMG_1190.jpegIMG_1192.jpegIMG_1193D.jpeg

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.