Labeling Pipes and Valves

Nov 26, 2016
fl
Hi. I am facing a plethora of issues with my pool, but right now I just need to label these pipes. I did not set the system up, and whoever did conveniently removed the labels when they were converting it over to salt. I am wondering if I have it labeled correctly, and what am I missing? Also, what does the valve from the pump connected to the long pipe control? Any help is greatly appreciated. :)

Attachments

• pool1.jpg
    pool1.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 82
  • pool2.jpg
    pool2.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 77
ppp,

Just wanted to Welcome you to TFP... A great place to be.. :lovetfp:

It appears to me that you have the valve after the SWCG labeled as "Waterfall" and "Return". In the picture the valve is currently set up to shut off the return and allow 100% of the water going to the waterfall. If this is how you normally run it, you will find that the pH will continually increase due to the aeration caused by the waterfall. Also, without the circulation from the return eyeballs, your pool may not skim very well..

The grey valve in front of the pump appears to select between the "Main Drain" and "Skimmer" if I read your labeling correctly. This valve is currently set-up so that you are pulling water from both the Main Drain and Skimmer.

I would have to assume that the black valve, just in front of your pump, is for a suction side vacuum or cleaner. (Just guessing as you don't show the other end of the pipe.) BUT.... this valve is currently set-up in the off position so that no water will enter your pump. This is a dangerous way to leave that valve, as the pump can be damaged if run too long without water.

Thanks for posting,

Jim R.

ppp,

Just wanted to Welcome you to TFP... A great place to be.. :lovetfp:

It appears to me that you have the valve after the SWCG labeled as "Waterfall" and "Return". In the picture the valve is currently set up to shut off the return and allow 100% of the water going to the waterfall. If this is how you normally run it, you will find that the pH will continually increase due to the aeration caused by the waterfall. Also, without the circulation from the return eyeballs, your pool may not skim very well..

The grey valve in front of the pump appears to select between the "Main Drain" and "Skimmer" if I read your labeling correctly. This valve is currently set-up so that you are pulling water from both the Main Drain and Skimmer.

I would have to assume that the black valve, just in front of your pump, is for a suction side vacuum or cleaner. (Just guessing as you don't show the other end of the pipe.) BUT.... this valve is currently set-up in the off position so that no water will enter your pump. This is a dangerous way to leave that valve, as the pump can be damaged if run too long without water.

Thanks for posting,

Jim R.

Good post!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.