Lab pees in pool

ethany

LifeTime Supporter
May 23, 2009
Trenton NJ
Just opened my pool, all off season (winter) my 2 yr old Lab peed on my mesh cover which seeps into the pool. First and I hope last year this happens but I doubt it. Anyway the water is green as usual because I always open too late, had some warm weather earlier this season. But I noticed along with it being green, a foamy haze floating on top, I assume that’s the months of pee floating?

Anything I should do besides slamming? I dumped 10 gallons of liquid pool store chlorine so far, backwashed once and put in 6 lbs cya hanging in one of my wife’s stocking by the return.

Kids and other critters do it all the time. Chlorine will take care of it.

I would suggest you do the following prior to adding any CYA.
To check and defeat ammonia, if necessary, is to raise your FC in the water using enough liquid chlorine to get to 10 ppm using PoolMath. Circulate the pool for 15 minutes. Test FC and CC. If FC at 5 or below, add LC to get to 10 using LC, circulate for 15 minutes, repeat until your FC is above 5 ppm after the 15 minute circulation.

Thx gents......I’ll do that. I have another question. My dog did a number on my mesh safety cover, the Pee stained the cover. I sprayed a mild detergent on entire cover and brushed. Then hosed off, it cleaned dirt and debris but not the pee stains. Anything Else I can try?

Hope that over a few winters the stains weather out.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.