ktdave's pool build

Congrats on the new pool, Dave. It looks great! I just finished reading the entire thread. BTW, "Tennessee Crab Orchard" flagstone would probably mean the flagstone was quarried in Crab Orchard, TN :) It's a little town right outside Crossville, TN, which is between Nashville and Knoxville. I've always noticed the stone quarry there, just didn't know they quarried flagstone as well as granite. Learn something new everyday. :)

KTDave,
Sorry to hear about this set back! Hope it's an easy fix!

I'd be spitting nails! <That's for sure!

Anything else would be censored.

I hear you loud and clear! I am going through my own plumbing he!! right now and afraid I will find more flub ups when we start the pool. I spoke w/ my plumber yesterday and he tried to switch my Pentair Quad DE filter out saying they installed the wrong filter and that the backwash line was actually correct. Bite me came to mind, but I bit my tongue instead and reminded him that the Quad DE is what I ordered and that I expect the plumbing to be correct by end of week...not a filter replacement. I am veryt happy that all workers coming to my house form his company speak english now and at least seem to give the persona that they care.

HANG 'EM HIGH!!

Well, all is good in the world again. They were able to fix my plumbing. Thanks for all the support!

MikeInTN said:
Congrats on the new pool, Dave. It looks great! I just finished reading the entire thread. BTW, "Tennessee Crab Orchard" flagstone would probably mean the flagstone was quarried in Crab Orchard, TN :) It's a little town right outside Crossville, TN, which is between Nashville and Knoxville. I've always noticed the stone quarry there, just didn't know they quarried flagstone as well as granite. Learn something new everyday. :)

Interesting to know Mike, Thanks.

I think it's telling when you have a pool build thread that goes over six pages that somethings have gone wrong or maybe I'm just a blabber-mouth.

I'll get some more pics when the water gets clear.

OOOOOOOOO.

I dunno if I can wait that long!!! :lol:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Ok, OK! So impatient :) . Finally some full pool pics. Not quite clear yet, but progressing.

First, here are the pebbletec colors after the acid wash.

Midnight Blue
100_04272.jpg

White Pearl (sorry a little out of focus)
100_04292.jpg

100_04512.jpg

100_04502.jpg

100_04492.jpg

100_04482.jpg

100_04472.jpg

I put some D.E. in yesterday in our cartridge filter (Pentair actually suggests this at start-up) and it really seems to be speeding up the process. So far I've been able to keep the water balanced, but man, I'm dropping a lot of acid (oops, did I say that out loud? :lol: ). Can't wait till the plaster gets cured such that I can rest a little on the acid dumping.

Verrry nice selections.

Love your tile, your coping and your plaster. Good calls.

So you put some DE exactly where? and how much?

Mine seems basically pretty clear except when still discover a few places that havent been brushed, and it stirs up some dust, and when my workers create some trash... but still might consider a lil DE.

Enjoy!

I did not read everything or how to progress was, but when I 1st saw all the pic's of the dig I was thinking: 'Oh man, no yard'. But at the end I really like the look. For what you had to work with, it really, really came out awesome!

Have fun swimming and splash safe :)

Thanks for all the kind words!

stevenbrla said:

The Pentair manual says to put .75 lbs of DE per 100 sq ft of filter capacity you have. I have a 420 sq ft filter (rounded to 400) so I put in 3 lbs into a 5 gal bucket, then filled it about 3/4 full of water, mixed it up real good, poured half in one skimmer and the other half in the other skimmer. The pressure change was miniscule, but the clearing speed was very noticeable. I would recommend this to anyone with a crtridge filter (might be sticking my neck out, wouldn't be the first time).

Pool_Mike said:
I did not read everything or how to progress was, but when I 1st saw all the pic's of the dig I was thinking: 'Oh man, no yard'. But at the end I really like the look. For what you had to work with, it really, really came out awesome!

You're right Mike, we have a very small yard and a 14 foot utility easement off the back of our property, so this is a testament of how someone with a small yard can pull off their dream.

We were at the pool all day today, first time we had an all day family fun day at the pool and it was awesome! The water really cleared up and looks just the way we wanted it too! Very blue and lagoon-like with the light-blue, white sandy beach area. We got our furniture out and hosed it off, now we just need the landscaping leprechauns to come out and finish it all off!

ktdave said:
Thanks for all the kind words!

stevenbrla said:

The Pentair manual says to put .75 lbs of DE per 100 sq ft of filter capacity you have. ............The pressure change was miniscule, but the clearing speed was very noticeable. I would recommend this to anyone with a crtridge filter (might be sticking my neck out, wouldn't be the first time).

Some cartridges will be ruined with the addition of DE... check your manual first!!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.