Kroger bleach

stargazer1018

Bronze Supporter
Jul 4, 2018
SEYMOUR, TN
Last year I found this forum and took control of my pool after fighting a green pool/algae the whole first half of the season. I maintained a beautiful, crystal clear water pool after that! I even got compliments on how "sparkling clear" the water was. I have a Kroger across the street from me and was buying my bleach there. The bottle said it was 8.25% concentrate last year so last week when I opened my pool I just went across the street and started loading up on some bleach. Well as I was putting it in the other evening I stopped the read the bottle again. This time it says it's on 5.75% bleach this time. I'm not buying bleach from them anymore. It's $2.99/bottle. I went to Wal-Mart for some stabilizer and saw they had Pool Essentials Chlorinating liquid and it was 12.25% or something like that for $3.64 so I bought several bottles of that. Just wanted to give a heads up to anyone who was buying Kroger bleach, it's not as strong as it used to be.

Yep, many local grocery stores are reducing their % strength, yet charging the same price per gallon. I complained to corporate over here, and I'm sure it fell on deaf ears. That's okay. That's $$$$$$ of annual revenue they will lose from pool owners.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.