Kreepy Krauly not moving

Avs11054

Apr 20, 2019
Scottsdale, AZ
I have a Kreepy Krauly pool cleaner. It does not move. I have completed all the trouble shooting I can find online and in the manual. That includes clearing it of any obstructions, cleaning out the filter basket and the skimmer basket, checking my lines for leaks, etc.

The suction seems to be great. I have removed the hoses from the side of the pool wall and stuck my palm up against it. It sucked so hard that it made my palm a little sore, so I don't think a lack of suction is the problem. The Kreepy Krauly also seems to have an adequate suction when connected to the hose.

I noticed the foot pad and the flapper appeared to be very worn. I have lived in the house for 4 years and have not replaced any parts. I ended up replacing both of those hoping that would help. No luck. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated. Thanks

One thing I forgot to mention, the new flapper i added fits very tightly inside the vacuum. As in, it will not move when I turn the vacuum over. Im not sure if the power from the pool pump is enough to move it, or if this affects how the vacuum operates.

I inherited my kreepy krawly with my house and pool and when I first tried mine about 2 yrs ago, it would not move either. It ended up being the "flapper" (pie wedge shaped rubber/plastic piece that moves back and forth). That's the only moving piece in the kreepy, and does wear down. It has to move, so if yours is tight, something is wrong. You need to take it back out and check the channel it fits into for debris, etc. It needs to be flap to either side loosley, that what causes the motion on the kreepy. You may also need to replace the rubber foot of the kreepy if it's not making good enough suction to climb the walls.
This year I'm replacing the kreepy with a robotic cleaner, got tired of the hoses and having to clean the debris out of the kreepy constantly.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.