Raleigh NC
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-60
Our Kreepy Krauly Legend attaches with this fitting. If I detach the hose from the wall and turn on the Kreepy pump without the hose, would any harm be done? I'm thinking it would just be a stream of water that I could use for dispersing chlorine. The fitting is at the deep middle of the pool opposite the drains.IMG_0566-1.jpg

Yup, you've got another open return there then.
If you ditch the pressure sweep you could update to a robot and never need that water return outlet for a cleaner again. And you won't need the extra pump again either which would save electricity.
Although you do need to run fresh chlorinated water thru the line daily for a few minutes to avoid stagnant water and algae.

Maddie :flower:

You can run the filtration pump without the hose in place, but it is best not to turn on the booster pump. If you do, you will notice that the pump becomes very noisy. That noise is cavitation that can damage the pump.

Thanks @YippeeSkippy and @1poolman1. I'm planning on buying a robot cleaner this spring and just use the Kreepy for backup and vacations.
And thanks for the info regarding not turning on the booster pump. That's what I was questioning and glad I didn't just turn it on and see what happened!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.