Korky Auto Fill Valves Don't Seem to Be Working

MarkThomasAZ

Silver Supporter
Sep 8, 2020
Scottsdale, AZ
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
I have installed my 2nd Korky Auto Fill Valve after the first one didn't work.
Now it seems like this one is not working.
The water level drops and I look at the float valve and it is not
running. If I take a little screwdriver and poke in side where the float is it
kicks on and fills.
It worked fine for about 2 weeks now I have to jolt the float to get
it to kick on???
What am I doing wrong????
MarkthomasAZ

AZ is a hard water feature. I would think a Korky is more towards total flush and refill kinda thing vs. a trickle fill. I am running a swap cooler fill valve. It gets stuck sometimes but I just smack it to knock off the calcium deposits and replace it every few years.

Last edited:
AZ is a hard water feature. I would think a Korky is more towards total flush and refill kinda thing vs. a trickle fill. I am running a swap cooler fill valve. It gets stuck sometimes but I just smack it to knock off the calcium deposits and replace it every few years.
I would like to see a photo of how you rigged the float valve from a swamp cooler? I am not able to visualize that....LOL :)

Reactions: mknauss
I would like to see a photo of how you rigged the float valve from a swamp cooler? I am not able to visualize that....LOL :)
Your auto fill has a vertical feed line, so you have to use the toilet bowl float style system. A side entry (horizontal) feed tube uses the swamp cooler float valve. I have that one. 6 years and have never messed with. Works great.

Your auto fill has a vertical feed line, so you have to use the toilet bowl float style system. A side entry (horizontal) feed tube uses the swamp cooler float valve. I have that one. 6 years and have never messed with. Works great.
Yes that is why I could not visualize it. Do you think in Arizona with our poor quality water it is gumming up my Korky? Is there an alternative vertical fill valve
(except the Fillmate 2000 that hooks to a hose) that works better in AZ?

I do not remember any one mentioning issues with their autofill here. I would think yours should work fine for quite a while as it would in a toilet in your home. The lid to the autofill is not hitting it, right?

Reactions: MarkThomasAZ
I think calcium build up and/or a flake of it that I may have knocked loose while plumbing upstream killed my first toilet-tank style auto-fill valve. I've since connected my auto-filler to my water softener. That should keep that issue in check. And I'm tracking the replacement date and may go proactive and just replace the valve every five years or so, to stay ahead of a failure.

If CH accumulation in your pool is a problem, maybe a water softener is in your future, to solve for that and the auto-filler issue... Not to mention how it will save your indoor plumbing, too.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I have installed my 2nd Korky Auto Fill Valve after the first one didn't work.
Now it seems like this one is not working.
The water level drops and I look at the float valve and it is not
running. If I take a little screwdriver and poke in side where the float is it
kicks on and fills.
It worked fine for about 2 weeks now I have to jolt the float to get
it to kick on???
What am I doing wrong????
MarkthomasAZ
I was going to try this because my Korky is just not working. My issue is the level of auto fill housing is to low. Anyway this is what I was going to do:
Has anyone used a B-Hyve Hose Faucet Timer ( smart timer ) to control the AutoFill for pool? My current Auto Fill ( Pentair ) which uses a toilet valve was set to low when PB built pool. This causes my water level to be lower than what I want no matter how much I adjust it. I was thinking of using one of these so I can set times when it comes on and off the smart phone app. I think after the learning curve is figured out I will know how long to run it and how often. I want to connect it right after the back flow preventer valve.

WELL I HAVE FIGURED OUT THANKS TO M KNAUSS. The Auto Fill Valve top was hitting the lid of the casing thus stopping it from filling.
I simply removed the white top as it appears to have no purpose whatsoever. Now the level stays perfect. Thanks M Knauss.

Reactions: Dirk
I was going to try this because my Korky is just not working. My issue is the level of auto fill housing is to low. Anyway this is what I was going to do:
Has anyone used a B-Hyve Hose Faucet Timer ( smart timer ) to control the AutoFill for pool? My current Auto Fill ( Pentair ) which uses a toilet valve was set to low when PB built pool. This causes my water level to be lower than what I want no matter how much I adjust it. I was thinking of using one of these so I can set times when it comes on and off the smart phone app. I think after the learning curve is figured out I will know how long to run it and how often. I want to connect it right after the back flow preventer valve.
I discovered that the autofill valve top was hitting the lid of the enacsement thus stopping it from fillling.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.