Kleenstrip muratic acid

It is fine. Just weak. Might find other sources for full strength if you need to add muriatic acid often.

No I haven't. My HD carries 31.45% . See link maybe you can order it to the store.

Leroy,

In Texas, they keep the weak stuff inside in the paint department, and they keep the good stuff, outside in the Pool department.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Echoing the suggestion to look around. Here it's in the outdoor garden area. The chlorine is usually with the rest of the pool stuff, with the muriatic acid often away in another corner. That's a good thing for chemical safety, but it's different in every store and sometimes not obvious (like in a corner that's partially blocked by stock or equipment).

Ace Hardware usually has it to if you ask for it

Our HD and Lowe’s keep it outside in pool supplies in the garden area

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
My Ace Hardware had full strength for $9.99. The paint store had full strength for $25.99 (OUCH). Home Depot and Lowes have the half strength you linked for $12/$13

My Ace Hardware had full strength for $9.99. The paint store had full strength for $25.99 (OUCH). Home Depot and Lowes have the half strength you linked for $12/$13

That is another thing to watch for -- HDs and Lowes around here usually have both strengths right next to each other, with the 31.45% $1-$2 more than the 14.5%, so you have to look carefully. But I've been in ones that only had one or the other.

Reactions: Newdude
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.