Pennsylvania
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool SJ-40
I just bought the below pictured Muriatic Acid from Lowe's. After I got home, I looked back at the decription on the Lowes app, and it says "Compatible with Salt water pools - No"
Compatible with Chlorine pools - No"

Why is that?

It says "20° Baumé Hydrochloric Acid 31.5% by weight" on the back of the label. No other ingredients listed.

All the searches I did resulted in the green labeled "lower fume" product.

So, I did buy the right stuff, right?

IMG_20210425_214322516.jpg IMG_20210425_214518703.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: SouthernAlaPool
Yes. Typically can get a box with 2 gallons in it in the pool area in the Garden Center. But what you got will work.
Ahh. Thanks!

I was beginning to doubt my judgement, and wondering if I was going to have to return it. I wonder why they put the 'not compatible' statement on the description in the Lowe's app. Any idea?

I'll have to look in the garden center next time. I got that in the paint section.

I was beginning to doubt my judgement, and wondering if I was going to have to return it. I wonder why they put the 'not compatible' statement on the description in the Lowe's app. Any idea?

My guess is liability.

They have an easy out if people complain about damage to their pool in using the product.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.