Keeping my M4 running and some questions...

doncaruana

Gold Supporter
Bronze Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
Aug 25, 2011
Northville, Mi
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
My M4 still does a decent job, but needs some attention. And I've got some questions. First is the active brush. I had been complaining (to myself and my wife) about what it was picking up and happened to flip it over. As you can see, it's kinda chewed up. I'm thinking that replacing this, albeit a bit expensive, will help a fair amount. Is that a good expectation?

The other thing is that I have a vinyl liner pool (with steps) and at some point, I replaced the combination brush/climbing rings with the pvc brush. Was that a mistake?

Lastly, the filters are filthy. I need to clean them and I've seen the recommendation for TSP. I have two sets that I rinse and rotate but I'm wondering if there's a point at which the filters just get so much in them that they restrict water flow and even the TSP soak won't help. Does that make sense or am I just making something up to worry about? :)

20210612_200649.jpg

Well...no responses at all kind of surprises me here. I went ahead and ordered a bunch of replacement parts, including going back to the combination brush.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.