mmardini

Jul 21, 2020
Palm Springs, ca
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Hi everyone! Love this site! We are resurfacing our pool next month and re-tiling the pool with glass tile. We have an elevated spa and currently it has terrible calcium stains on it. I would like to prevent this from happening as we are paying a lot for the glass tile. Can you guys recommend something I can use to seal the tile when installed and also something I can use on a weekly or monthly basis to prevent this from happening? Thank you all so much. I have attached a pic of The pool currently so you can see what I am! And the husband but he doesn’t know he is included 😂😂

Attachments

• 633E4F42-4C1E-4A3B-B45A-F62CE3D2F228.jpeg
    633E4F42-4C1E-4A3B-B45A-F62CE3D2F228.jpeg
    426.3 KB · Views: 35
With your fill water and evaporation rates, really nothing. You can minimize it by using soft water for your fill water and managing your TA and pH such that the CSI stays below 0. But really, you will get scale build up. You can clean it off with dilute MA every few months, but that is about it.

Reactions: mmardini
With your fill water and evaporation rates, really nothing. You can minimize it by using soft water for your fill water and managing your TA and pH such that the CSI stays below 0. But really, you will get scale build up. You can clean it off with dilute MA every few months, but that is about it.

Thank you for your reply! I don’t have the right test kit now as we have a pool maintenance company but buying one this week so I can stay on top of it myself!

Consider getting the TF100 from TFTestkits.net. Add the Speedstir. Makes testing (especially the CH test) much easier.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.