Keeping a Beaded Liner In the Bead

crokett

Jul 17, 2007
Hillsborough, NC
I spent a while on Saturday putting several feet of liner back in the bead that had come out over the winter. I'm typing this with sore thumbs and skinned knuckles. I'm wondering about any products to help keep the liner in the bead. I tried one a while back - I don't know the brand name - that nearly all of them came out during the first season. What I have is black plastic strips. Im hoping someone has a recommendation.

I use liner lock to make sure mine stays in. It has worked great. It is white. I use the blunt end of a butter knife to help push the liner AND liner lock in as tight/deep as it will go. It helped save my fingers and knuckles. Good luck!

Reactions: Newdude
I use a small piece of scrap lumber (block of 2X4) and hit that with a rubber Mallot

This is an above ground pool. The liner goes into the bead that is hung over the top edge of the wall. Can I still use something like liner lock? Most of the pictures I see online are examples of inground pools where the liner lock is installed between the liner and coping. I don't have that, I'd have to push the liner lock down into the bead.

Do we have to use the liner lock all the way around? My pool store did not have enough of it?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.