Keep Poolverneugen or replace with Polaris 360

Can you fill out your signature with your pool info?

Get a robot. The Maytronics S200 (or a rebadged clone) is very popular here.

Reactions: markayash
The Polaris 360 is strictly a sweeper (pressure sided at that!) which means its not doing near as much as a robot would do for you.
A robot would allow you to get rid of any secondary cleaner pumps (saves a ton in electricity) and would pick up fine dust a sweeper just rolls over. A robot also can climb your walls and brush them. That alone makes ours valuable to Skippy, cause then he doesn't have to do it!
GIve us some details about your pool...size, composition, debris load..... we can help you find a robot to name and love....

Maddie (Sheldon 2.0's button pusher)

It's a 18,000 gallon pool. I mostly get leaves but i get an occasional twig. The main reason I wanted to get the Polaris 360 is because I wanted to free up the skimmer because I'm currently running my The PoolCleaner through it. I also don't have a booster pump plumbed in.

This pool is at a rental property so I was hoping to reduce the amount of time I have to spend in cleaning the pool by having a leave in automatic cleaner. I supplement this by brushing the walls once a week. My issue is I have to alternate the use of the skimmer with the suction side cleaner since I don't have a dedicated suction. I like the idea of a robot but I don't think I can leave it in right?

You could try hooking your existing cleaner up to a pentair vacmate. It will allow you to skim and use the cleaner at the same time. I had that with a larger inline leaf trap and it could handle larger volumes of leaves.

That said I just bought a robot because the vacmate was more finicky with water level and would break after about two years. I can't tell if I will like the robot better only time will tell.

Link - Amazon.com: Pentair R211100 Vac-Mate Pool Cleaner Dispenser Box: Garden & Outdoor

Robot. Leave it in all the time just have somebody clean the basket every 7-10 days. Many people on here do this and they are lasting 7-10+ years. I put mine on a timer and run it daily also use a cord cover for the wire. Full suction on the skimmer works much better and pool is always debris free on the bottom.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.