K-2006 Chlorine test not turning water pink color

KenB123

Apr 12, 2020
Phoenix, Arizona
About 2-weeks ago I purchased the Taylor K-2006 pool water test kit. The Chlorine test worked as per instructions for the first 1.5 week. But the last couple days of tests, after I add the 2-dippers of the R-0870 powder (using the 25ml water sample), the water is remaining clear (with prior previous tests it was turning pink as expected). The instructions indicate that if the water does not turn pink, then add more R-0870 powder. I tried adding 5 more dippers, swirling with each addition, and nothing. The water remained clear. I also tried it with the smaller 10ml water sample hoping it would save me some R-0870 powder. Still same results. The instructions do not indicate what this means. Any idea what this indicates? Is my pool chlorine starved? NOTE: Chlorine did test okay a week ago.

Funny story for ya... I have taken in my brother in to help him with some health issues... I was trying to get him into doing some small things around the property so he felt like part of it. I messed up and thought that everyone understood the chlorine test, especially after me "eloquently" explaining it... I asked him to test the pool while I was at work the next day.. I knew it was going to be low but thought he would know what to do.. I had "explained" it........ Well he called me at work and told me I needed to bring home some more chlorine test powder because we were all out.... I knew I had opened that little container only 2 weeks before and that there were 100's of tests left in it..... but he diligently kept scooping for probably 30 minutes trying to get that water to turn pink, but because there was no free chlorine in the water it never turned color..... When I got home I took a deep breath and had a good laugh with him after I re-explained it more "eloquently" ..... Freinds, It only takes 1 (one) scoop.. If there Is ANY Free Chlorine in the water it will turn some shade of Pink.. If FC is zero it will never change color...no matter how much powder you add...

Funny story for ya... I have taken in my brother in to help him with some health issues... I was trying to get him into doing some small things around the property so he felt like part of it. I messed up and thought that everyone understood the chlorine test, especially after me "eloquently" explaining it... I asked him to test the pool while I was at work the next day.. I knew it was going to be low but thought he would know what to do.. I had "explained" it........ Well he called me at work and told me I needed to bring home some more chlorine test powder because we were all out.... I knew I had opened that little container only 2 weeks before and that there were 100's of tests left in it..... but he diligently kept scooping for probably 30 minutes trying to get that water to turn pink, but because there was no free chlorine in the water it never turned color..... When I got home I took a deep breath and had a good laugh with him after I re-explained it more "eloquently" ..... Freinds, It only takes 1 (one) scoop.. If there Is ANY Free Chlorine in the water it will turn some shade of Pink.. If FC is zero it will never change color...no matter how much powder you add...
Good think you aren’t in Canada - up here that stuff is worth more than cocaine.

Reactions: jetskierg
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.