JXI260N High Limit

srobinsontexas

Silver Supporter
Jun 7, 2022
Texas
I have a jandy pool heater that is giving me a High limit before it tries to turn on the gas. I assume the first thing to do is to test the two high limit sensors on the heater? If so is there a proper procedure to follow? Please advise.

hi and welcome, if the heater didn’t fire at all most likely one of the hls is open. You can do a continuity test on it, it should be closed and open only when it hits the temp specified on hls. If it’s open replace. If the heater fired and you got the hls code something is going on with your flow internal/external.

I found one of the sensors bad and ordered new. I noticed what looks like Teflon plumbers tape on the sensor that was removed. When reinstalling should I use Teflon tape and can I use what is sold for household plumbing? Thanks for the advise !!!

Hi .. New member and newbie here .. We have a 12 year old Jandy LXi 400 that was working until last week when we got the dreaded High Limit Fault . I purchased the replacement with harness from Amazon but not sure how to install it .. when I removed the old switch I found only the one with the red dot .. the other seemed to be removed completely probably bg someone who had maintained it earlier .. looking for help on how to install the harness plus the 2 sensors.. thank you ..

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.