Flowery Branch, GA
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Jandy Aquapure 1400
Hello, I've got a Jandy JXI 260 that keeps burning igniters. They last maybe a week. I checked resistance of the latest new one and it was per spec, 16ohms. They are all breaking at the same place, about halfway down, on the 9th coil. I handle the element only by the outside edge of the ceramic and am very careful not to touch the element to anything as I insert it.
Correction edit - 61ohms.

It's 7 years old and I've replaced the igniter once each of the last two years. On my 3rd this season since March.

I get a "check ignition steps" error, so I should start with that. At one point I did see something that showed the steps in the ignition cycle, showing what happens when, but I can't find that now I need it. If anyone knows what I'm referring to and could point me to it, I'd be grateful.

Otherwise, does anyone have any ideas? Something in the burning chamber? Bad batch of igniters produced?
Thanks.
Paul

That sounds promising. Can you tell me what type or maybe a name for the "new style"? Appreciate the feedback.

This is a good question. I am told these exist but I just searched and could not find one specifically saying it is for the JXI heater. Perhaps try the below you can always return it if it does not work.

Cheers. Just ordered one, wish me luck! I'll be sure to update this page either way.

Yes, please do! When you are in there, shine a light in the combustion chamber and see if any water is in there. It should be bone dry. Heat exchanger leaks start out slow with just a little water in the combustion chamber. That moisture could be enough to fry the ignitor.

Good news!

A fellow customer answered your question,​

"Will this also work on the jandy jxi series pool heaters?"​

Tech Things answered:​

"Yes that's what I used it for 400,000 BTU"​

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.