Just wondering

I just received my TF 100 test kit These are my readings :
FC 8
CC 0
TA 150
CH 75

CYA 100

My water is clear. I just want to make sure it stays that way

Your CYA is pretty high, and will require a high daily dosing of chlorine. See the Chlorine / CYA Chart in the Pool School section.

You will need to take special care to avoid chlorinating tablets (trichlor) and dichlor. Details here: How to Chlorinate Your Pool.

That's some CYA you got there!

Luckily, the TF100 comes with plenty of R-0013, so I suggest you repeat the CYA test using the dilution method Pool School - CYA Step 8. Then you'll know [FC/CYA]where to keep the FC.[/FC/CYA] Or you may decide to replace some water to lower that CYA. How did it get so high? Have you been chlorinating with pucks?

Your TA is high enough that I suspect your pH might be too high as well. You should check that using the pH side of that tester in the blue box inside your kit.

I did check the pH it was 7.4. And yes I've been using tablets for years. I'm using bulk chlorine from the pool store now. I get it in refillable blue 5 gal jugs. I used to use it just to open the pool.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.