Just tested with new TF-100 test kit

Congrats on purchasing the primo test kit. Now tell us all about your pool so we can determine if your levels are appropriate for the type of pool and how you run it.
How do you normally sanitize your water??
Are you in a bird cage?
What equipment do you have??

Maddie 🐞

All clear Water looks great!
Perfect. Then you should be on cruise control for a little while. Check the FC each day to ensure it eventually falls and stays in the ideal range based on your CYA of 70. Always go to the FC/CYA Levels for that. Also, when the pH looks to jump into the 8.0 or higher range, it's time to knock it down to around 7.6 or so with muriatic acid. FC and pH will be your two biggest items to monitor for a while. Easy stuff. Enjoy. :swim:

Everyone’s given you great advice already, I just want to add that your current chlorine level is perfectly safe.

On the FC/CYA Levels if you look at the SLAM levels, that’s the “upper limit” based on your CYA that we consider to be safe.

At your CYA of 70, that would be 28ppm of chlorine. Since you’re under that, nothing to worry about - go swimming. :)

Once I get the pool balanced how long do I need to run my pump each day?
Every pool is different, but basically enough to keep the surface clean (moving to skimmer), to mix chemicals, and vacuum. The link below has more info.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.