Just swapped my single speed pump with a variable speed

Yeshelloo

Mar 13, 2019
Safety Harbor, Fl
How’s it going everyone? I just swapped and replumbed my filtration system from a single speed oversized generic pump to a variable speed Pentair Intelliflo pump. I haven’t yet programmed my pump for speeds and lengths of time to run each setting at, but I was just wondering what you guys think is the best program setup to consider when setting the pump up?

Great! Are you using the Auto Chlorinator for your sanitation purposes?

If you are, then you will need to run your pump long enough to add the FC and CYA to the pool the pucks give. Eventually you should switch to liquid chlorine, but that is up to you.

Speed depends on skimming, etc. Also what your heat pump needs when you want to run it.

A pool can use as little as 4 hours of circulation per day or you can run it for 24 hours per day. Really depends on its needs.

Thanks for getting back to me, I kind of figured as much about the skimming needs. I'm very interested to see the savings from swapping out the old pump. I had purchased the house a year ago and the pool equipment came along obviously. I knew it was more than we needed but really wrapped my head around it when I hooked up the heat pump and had some issues with it and started doing research on high efficiency pumps.

Yup, I have an automatic chlorinator at the moment that is not currently tied into my plumbing lines due to me re-configuring the system this weekend. In regards to switching to liquid chlorine, why would you say that it's better than using the pucks?

Pucks add CYA and it will get out of control. This makes you use more chlorine and ruins your water. Use liquid dont keep using pucks. Either invest in a swg or build a pump system and let it do its thing automatically if you dont want to deal with the daily additions. Or keep using pucks if you can handle a drain and partial refill easily every year

How’s it going everyone? I just swapped and replumbed my filtration system from a single speed oversized generic pump to a variable speed Pentair Intelliflo pump. I haven’t yet programmed my pump for speeds and lengths of time to run each setting at, but I was just wondering what you guys think is the best program setup to consider when setting the pump up?

:nopic:

Pucks add CYA and it will get out of control. This makes you use more chlorine and ruins your water. Use liquid dont keep using pucks. Either invest in a swg or build a pump system and let it do its thing automatically if you dont want to deal with the daily additions. Or keep using pucks if you can handle a drain and partial refill easily every year
Thanks for your reply, I'm now looking into my options for an automatic liquid chlorinator.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.