Just put my deposit down (North of Kansas City)

We have found that adding the third line did increase the flow. It does seem as if it slows it down so we put the hoses in a bucket and timed the flow to a mark. We then turned off one the hoses and timed it to the line again. It went faster with all of the hoses on.

Kim

First the good: we swam all weekend, and just had a great time. The heater hasn't been plumbed into the propane tank yet, so it was pretty cold. But, the weather was in the mid-80s, and the kids didn't care. The PB is back onsite today to perform a couple clean up items, and make cuts in the concrete sidewalk.

Here are some pics:

And then, I got one this morning with the Super Moon setting:

Now the bad...

On Saturday, while the PB was onsite, the electrical wasn't working. My electrician came out on Sunday and got it all straight. The PB had given me instructions on getting the pump running, and so I did. All was fine. However, after an hour or so, I realized the water level was dropping. We (my family) started to investigate, and (LUCKILY) realized that the PB missed cutting in one return. There are five returns to the pool, and only four were completed. So, water was being injected between the liner and the steel wall. Obviously, I immediately stopped the pump. I called the PB, and he was frustrated with their miss, and apologized profusely. He is correcting today.

I tell all that to get to this point. Yesterday afternoon, my son tells me there is a big dent in the bottom of the pool. I didn't do anything at the time, and I was out of the pool for the day. But, when I turned on the light last night, here is what I saw:

For reference, that is probably six inches wide and at least two feet long in total. The deepest part is probably two inches (maybe more?) below the normal pool bottom. Needless to say, I got my shorts on and went in to check it out. It is firm poolcrete under there...it just seems to have collapsed or cracked and fallen. The dark part is the flat shallow end, and the lighter part is the slope headed into the deep end. The edges of the dent aren't what I would call sharp like a knife, but the drop off is sharp if you know what I mean. My head immediately goes to the water running under the liner for an hour. We lost about two inches of water, so it was MANY gallons.

So, regardless of the cause, what is the fix here? I am assuming it's a drain of the pool, and pull back the liner to fix the poolcrete. Other ideas? The PB is supposed to be looking at it today, as I sent him the pic last night.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Nice pics! LOVE the smiles! The board is getting a good work out for sure!

OUCH on the boo-boo. You know the only real way to "fix" it. NOT fun or easy. You are going to have to think long term and short term.............Can you keep the water in and finish out what is left of the season? Is it safe? Will it cause more damage? Long term...............if you keep it like it is how will you feel? The PB might offer money off if you keep it like it is. I just want you to be ready just in case he throws that out there.

HUGS and let us know what happens.

Kim

At least it is all covered on your end.

Now something I want you to think about....................it is hard to work with vinyl when it is cold. It does not have as much give and it is not as "stretchy". How is the PB going to address that?

Kim

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.