Just ordered my TF 100

Re: Pool is blue, but. cloudy.

I am waiting for my TF 100 kit to arrive. Looks like it will be here Friday, but I am hoping for Thursday.

In the meantime, I have done lots of reading on here. I do not have current readings for my water, but when I went to Leslies on Friday all of my readings were good and within the normal ranges per them.

My pool water is blue, but cloudy. I have been leaving the filter on at least 10 hours a day. I try to leave it on longer, but hubby turns it off so he can sit on the patio without all of the noise and forgets to turn it back on. I have the SWG running 6 hours a day. I have been adding about 22 ops of liquid chlorine 8.25% the past 2 days just to make sure my FC stays up.

Readings on Friday from Leslies pools: please note that they have the water volume at 5289 because they did not compensate for the water level. Just based it off of the size. Correct gallons is 4600.

FC:2
Total Chl: 2
Salt: 2900
CH: 200
CYA: 70
TA: 80
PH: 7.4
Copper: 0
Iron: 0
Phos: 0
Like I said they did not have the correct gallons. So the numbers may be a tic higher.

So anything I can work on besides what I am doing while waiting for my TF 100 test?

Not really. You FC is too low. CYA is fine for a SWG pool (although going to make your shock FC pretty high). Salt is a little low.

We will be changing out our fittings this week to 1.5" so my CYA may come down some when we have to drain below the inlet and return and fill back up.

I felt FC was low too. Should be 4-6 with my CYA reading correct?

You should be able to leave the SWCG on presently and can leave it on while doing the SLAM but you have to remember to turn it off when you go to check the OCLT to finish the SLAM.

You should be able to leave the SWCG on presently and can leave it on while doing the SLAM but you have to remember to turn it off when you go to check the OCLT to finish the SLAM.

Thank you, I read in another thread on here (don't ask wish one, I have read so many...Lol) that you should not have it running during a Slam. I am not going to do a slam just yet since I don't have my test yet. I will just continue to add 22ozs of bleach each day since I cannot check my levels right now.

Hi Azgirl,
we actually do not recommend running the SWG during the slam. For one, most folks like to keep a record of the FC loss every time they test. It can be a good indicator of the progress. If the swg is running, then you dont get an accurate result of just how much FC is lost or how to account for any chlorine added by teh SWG.

Next, for the most part, the SWG really doesnt add enough chlorine to make the slam any quicker. So really no need to run it since it really doesnt contribute any realizable savings.

In some instances, some folks leave on the SWG, primarily because they are so overwhelmed to the nth degree, that they wiother forget, or cannot fathom not running it and no one knows till much later, that it was left on, which is confounding to those of us trying to help out from afar because we like reliable results that we can properly analyze.

Thank you, I read in another thread on here (don't ask wish one, I have read so many...Lol) that you should not have it running during a Slam. I am not going to do a slam just yet since I don't have my test yet. I will just continue to add 22ozs of bleach each day since I cannot check my levels right now.

Hi Azgirl,
we actually do not recommend running the SWG during the slam. For one, most folks like to keep a record of the FC loss every time they test. It can be a good indicator of the progress. If the swg is running, then you dont get an accurate result of just how much FC is lost or how to account for any chlorine added by teh SWG.

Next, for the most part, the SWG really doesnt add enough chlorine to make the slam any quicker. So really no need to run it since it really doesnt contribute any realizable savings.

In some instances, some folks leave on the SWG, primarily because they are so overwhelmed to the nth degree, that they wiother forget, or cannot fathom not running it and no one knows till much later, that it was left on, which is confounding to those of us trying to help out from afar because we like reliable results that we can properly analyze.

Thank you so much! I knew I read somewhere on here not to have it running when doing a slam.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support

Hello everyone. Yesterday I drained about 1/3 of my pool so I could put larger 1.5 fittings. Then started to fill it back up, but there was a small leak, so I drained some more to fix the leak. No leaks today!

I don't have myTF 100 yet (should be here Friday) so I had to go to Leslies to have the water tested.

4/15/2015 @ 12:13pm
FC=0
TAC/CC=0
Salt=2000 (low)
CH=300
CYA=60
TA=120 (high for my liking)
PH=7.2

Should I do anything besides add bleach?
Also should I a SLAM level of chlorine since I have 0?

Hello everyone. Yesterday I drained about 1/3 of my pool so I could put larger 1.5 fittings. Then started to fill it back up, but there was a small leak, so I drained some more to fix the leak. No leaks today!

I don't have myTF 100 yet (should be here Friday) so I had to go to Leslies to have the water tested.

4/15/2015 @ 12:13pm
FC=0
TAC/CC=0
Salt=2000 (low)
CH=300
CYA=60
TA=120 (high for my liking)
PH=7.2

Should I do anything besides add bleach?
Nope. The high TA will push the pH upwards without any effort on your part. TA is the very last thing you worry about, when everything else is adjusted perfectly and you're bored and dying to play with your Mad Scientist Playset.
attachment.php

Nope. The high TA will push the pH upwards without any effort on your part. TA is the very last thing you worry about, when everything else is adjusted perfectly and you're bored and dying to play with your Mad Scientist Playset.
attachment.php

Thanks, yes I am...lol
Should I add a SLAM level of chlorine or just a normal target level since I have 0.

I wouldn't bother starting a SLAM without the test kit. Any chlorine you put in will have died in vain if you don't keep up the SLAM. What a SLAM does is knock the algae down and never let it get back up. Just keep kicking it again and again and again until it's all dead. A one-time blast of bleach will knock it down, but it won't prevent it from getting back up.

I wouldn't bother starting a SLAM without the test kit. Any chlorine you put in will have died in vain if you don't keep up the SLAM. What a SLAM does is knock the algae down and never let it get back up. Just keep kicking it again and again and again until it's all dead. A one-time blast of bleach will knock it down, but it won't prevent it from getting back up.

Thanks. I will just do a target of 5.

This mornings readings from Leslies 4/17/15 @ 9:49am
FC 1
TAC 3
CC 2?
CH 210
CYA 60
TA 90
PH 7.4
Salt 2000

Added 20 ozs old 8.25% bleach
Added 40 lbs of pool salt

Hopefully tomorrow test will be done by me :D. Of course UPS does not come until 3:30-5pm.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.