just learning and pool was great, now cloudy.

Kooky98

Aug 25, 2020
Ridgewood, NJ
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Hi everybody.
I got a summer waves 14' round 48" deep this spring.
I am diligent with changing and cleaning my filter. I have been using 1" clorox tabs in floater and one in the skimmer. I have been noticing cloudy water and what I would call algae dust. I have "shocked ", which didn't work (probably not enough). Last week I gave heavy shock twice and got my numbers up to the top of my strip for a few days . It seemed to a bit better but got cloudy again. More mistakes here, went to leslie and bought and used one dose of clear aid. Not clear! Surprise, not after reading all the posts. Anyway here I am. I don't have a kit yet, only a few pool weeks left. I took my floater out and am going to get some liquid chlorine. And suggestions regarding type and why?
Thanks much. I have attached pictures.

Attachments

• 20200826_114143.jpg
    20200826_114143.jpg
    324.4 KB · Views: 9
  • 20200826_114716.jpg
    20200826_114716.jpg
    197.9 KB · Views: 9
Hello and welcome to TFP! :wave: While you probably don't have much fo a season remaining, you still want the water balanced before closing. You have to dump the test strips and get a proper test kit. That is priority #1. I recommend the TF-100 (see my signature) but the Taylor K-2006C will also work. See Test Kits Compared.

With one of those kits, we follow the SLAM Process to kill and remove algae once and for all. Green/cloudy water is almost always a chemistry issue and has nothing to do with how many times you clean the filter. Make sure to review our ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry and those Vital Links in my signature. We'll be happy to help.

Hello and welcome to TFP! :wave: While you probably don't have much fo a season remaining, you still want the water balanced before closing. You have to dump the test strips and get a proper test kit. That is priority #1. I recommend the TF-100 (see my signature) but the Taylor K-2006C will also work. See Test Kits Compared.

With one of those kits, we follow the SLAM Process to kill and remove algae once and for all. Green/cloudy water is almost always a chemistry issue and has nothing to do with how many times you clean the filter. Make sure to review our ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry and those Vital Links in my signature. We'll be happy to help.
Thank you!!
I am looking on Amazon for TF100. I don't know what I am looking for on your signature.
In the meantime, am I on the right track thinking I need liquid chlorine? I took my tab floater out to make sure not to keep adding CYA?

If you are buying the K-2006 from a pool store, check the dates on the reagents. My pool store has the K-2006 and refills. I was buying some refills recently and some of the bottles were expired or near expiration.

Reactions: Kooky98
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.