Just got my solar panels - need plumbing help!

To keep it simple, I am going to put the Jandy 3way right in front of the chlorinator and T in the the return where I was thinking originally (in the long section between the chlorinator and the outlets.

As far as CYA, I have had the pump running for the past week and tested CYA. I got 30. I am going to keep monitoring it to make sure it stays under 60.

In order to get more chlorine when I am running the solar, I am either just add liquid (make look into a liquid pump) or just turn up the setting on the chlorinator (only at 3 of 5).

I found a kit on ebay for $20. Should be here Friday (hopefully). I plan on keep that whole section in tact. I will have to replace the inlet nut and tail piece (to the chlorinator). The I will cut into the longest piece (going to the outlet valves) and put a T into it for the solar return (with check valve).

I plan on putting a couple unions near the pump platform so that I can easilt drain an detached for the winter.

Have you considered cutting 18-20" out of that straight section, moving the chlorinated forward, and plumbing the solar in all before the chlorinator? If you're going to bypass the chlorinator, you may as well just cut it out. Remember you'll be bypassing it during the hotter months when your solar is working well.

I think the simplest thing to do would be push the entire chlorinator back towards the house and plumb the valve and T (probably make it a Y) next to each other right before the chlorinator input. All I would have to do then is extend the long pipe.

I thought about moving the chlorinator where you suggested, but the diaganol pipe coming from the filter kind of gets in the way.

So I got my new jandy neverlube 3way yesterday and realized I goofed. I order a 2.5/3. When I remeasured the pipe, I it is 2" ID (duh). Oh well.

I can just us a pvc bushing to make it fit correct? Just as an observation, this bushing is different that the other neverlubes I have. It has a notched ring around the valve with an adjustable stop position. I gues this is for people who don't want to be able to divert full water flow in one direction.

Anyway, I should gain some good ground on this project this weekend (given that the new collar kit arrives for the Nature2). I'll make sure to take as many pics as I can.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.