Just getting started

YOU DID IT!!! WOW! How does the water look now??? Does it look like a jewel? :sun:

It is normal to lose 2-4 ppm per day.........it depends on swimmer load, sun, ect. This is where good log keeping is needed. I even had a column for weather notes. After a while you will start to see a pattern. That is when your pool life gets even easier.

You will need to feed your pool each day. Like you I do it at night so the chlorine as all night to work without worry of the sun taking any.

Here is a link to help give you a guide line for your pool care.

Pool School - Basic Pool Care Schedule

Kim:cat:

No, I can't believe how much better my pool looks!!!! Thanks to you, I owe you dearly. :whoot::whoot: was definitely ready to give up.:drown: Should I expect my FC to drop much today, yesterday mid morning I added a little under 2 gallons and was gone all day and had to add 3 gallons . It had dropped from FC 35 to 19. :swim:

16 FC drop in a 12 hours is way too much.. you should only be dropping about 4 FC in 24 hours.. but you only dropped 1 FC overnight and that is great :) hmmm, keep it at 35 for today and let's make sure you pass again tonight.. with a CYA of 90 in IL the sun should barely be touching it...

I just want to make sure everything is good, we don't want you to lose the massive gains you have made :)

Just sweep there was some debris on the bottom, I seem to have that everyday, don't know it is is just dirt or what. I'm having trouble getting pictures to load. I will keep trying to load the with the dirt, but you have to enlarge the picture to see. I also just took FC 21 and CC 0. Do you think I should up my FC Slam level to 39? The debris sweeps up easy.

that is looking much much better :) I would keep it up, at least for another day.. it could be dirt but it could be stuff you are killing also.. if you brush it does it just poof into nothing..

click in my sig on "how to load pictures" or the only other way is to donate, it gets you more storage space :)

Can your wallet stand the hit to push it to 39? If so lets go ahead and do it just to make sure one last time.

That DOES look awesome! I can't wait to see it when everything is balanced and looking like a jewel!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I think I'm going to pull my hair out!!!!!!
Last night I bumped my slam level up to 39.
4 PM FC 34 added 125 ounces
6 PM FC 37 added 50 ounces
9 PM FC 42
10 PM FC 37
This morning
5 AM FC 31
Have you ever had anybody cause you this kind of a headache ????? :scratch::scratch::scratch:

CowboyCasey or KimKats I need you help!!!
don't know if you saw my earlier post but I just posted again and I'm sitting at 7 o'clock at 40 count but drop six through the night. If you would go back to my last post and read I would greatly appreciate it!!!! Thanks I did add 200oz this morning..

Good morning Kelly! I do have a sad for you :( That is unreal! What in the world is going on with your pool? I am going to read back over your whole thread again so give a few mins. to see what I find or do not find.

Kim

Thinking and thinking. Give me some time to get my to-do list done and I will see what I come up with............You are NOT a headache but more of a puzzle! There is something going on but I can't put my finger on it.

Your filter? Have you done a deep clean on it?? Have you taken it apart at all? Here is a link for deep cleaning a sand filter:

Deep Cleaning a Sand Filter

On July 13 and 14th, when my pool was shut down to change the lights, I also took all the sand out of the sand filter, cleaned it out and put new sand in. We did have a little storm come through yesterday after I had cleaned the pool, backwashed, I also had to add water (which is EJ Water).

I am also at a loss... 1 FC loss overnight and the next night a 5FC loss in 1 hour and 9 FC loss in 8 hours... something is amiss and I just do not know what it is... 9FC is a big huge loss, during the day and a green pool I could see this amount but an almost clear pool overnight, most pools at this point are missing the OCLT by 1fc, not 9..

Let me call in the cavalry and see if we are missing something...

Kelly lets really go tiny here...........can you take out the door on the skimmer? It is called a weir door. There was one pool that had a tiny crack in the weir door that allowed water into the door and started an algae farm. Even if you cannot take the door off/out you can look at it thinking small.

Hi Kelly. :wave: After reading your thread, and at the risk of sounding repetitive, I thought I would ask a couple questions and/or confirm a thing or two I didn't see from post #1:
- Have you ever added anything to your water from the pool store that was not regular liquid bleach, stabilizer, baking soda, or borax?
- Are you mixing with a Speed Stir?
- Just for giggles, please describe once again how you are performing the FC test please.
- Can you confirm your CYA one more time? While we all know algae (and the sun) can consume FC, you can actually lose excessive FC if your FC is way too high for your CYA - even at night. I know this from personal experience when I couldn't pass an OCLT for several days at 60-70 drops a test. :brickwall: So much rides on that CYA being very close to accurate.
Proper lighting is critical for the CYA test, so you want to test for CYA outside on a bright sunny day. Taylor recommends standing outside with your back to the sun and the view tube in the shade of your body. Use the mixing bottle to combine/gently mix the required amounts of pool water and R-0013 reagent, let sit for 30 seconds, then gently mix again. Then, while holding the skinny tube with the black dot at waist level, begin squirting the mixed solution into the skinny tube. Watch the black dot until it completely disappears. Once it disappears, record the CYA reading. After the first test, you can pour the mixed solution from the skinny view tube back to the mixing bottle, shake, and do the same test a second, third, or fourth time to instill consistency in your technique, become more comfortable with the testing, and validate the CYA reading.

I'll chime back in with Kim and Casey if I can think of anything else that may be applicable.

Oh - Did you ever chlorinate the water with anything other than bleach in the past?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.