Just getting started in opening a green pool. New to this method

Aug 16, 2016
Ruther Glen, va
Hello everyone I took my cover off last weekend and started the process. I purchased the TF-100 test kit and here are my numbers
FC 6.5
CC 1
CYA didn't show up on my test so I assume Zero. When I mixed the drops with the water it never turned cloudy and never covered the black dot on bottom of testing tube.
PH 7.6
CH 0
TA 80

I have dumped some bleach in and my water is now cloudy blue, however I didn't really know what I was doing until I read all the info on here.
The PH was off the charts high so I managed to fix that to a 7.6
TA was 60 I adjusted that to 80
Just tested last night and found out that I have Zero CYA in pool.

What is my next steps? Stabilizer? Than slam
I put those figures in the pool math and this is the results for the CYA
192 oz by weight, or 200 oz by volume or 497 oz of liquid. What kind of stabilizer am I going to buy, just go to Walmart and buy some stabilizer?
I would really love to see some blue water this year and would appreciate some help.
thank you

ok, well I was doing this all wrong before I decided to come here and print and read.
Lower the PH
Get stabilizer in there.
slam

As it needs attention every hour on the hour I need the weekend to start. If I put the stabilizer in starting today, which is Thursday, can I start slamming on SAT.
So this sock thing, wont it take for ever for 9lbs of stabilizer being I can only put a little in the sock at a time?

If you've got more than one return you can use 2 socks ;)- it does help to give it a bit of a squeeze every now and then to help it along. It shouldn't take too long.

The stabiliser once it dissolves is effective but its best to give it a day or so to register on the test.

Klester, You can start the SLAM tonight when you get home from work. If you can test and dose 4 times a day/night you can get a head start on killing that algae.

1-test and dose when you get home and change clothes

2-test and dose after dinner

3-test and dose right before bed.

4-test and dose after first cup of coffer but before you dress for work.

On the weekend you can hit it hard and heavy and speed things up.

Do what you can when you can do it and you will beat it back!

Make sure to leave the pump running 24/7 please.

Kim:kim:

The CYA is for when you have sun on your pool. It is sun screen for the FC really SO at night your FC will be able to get started and you should have some CYA in the pool by morning so it will be a win-win!

Kim:kim:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.