Just finished building my in-ground salt pool.

Great, thanks.

My pool now has it's pebble applied. It will be acid washed today and filled immediately.

My question, how soon can I add the sequestrant (Jack's Magenta Stuff)? I did read the "New Plaster Startup Article", but I'm still unsure of exactly when to add chemicals.

Besides the test kit, brush, and sequestrant, what other things should I have on-hand while I try to tackle my startup?

If anyone can jump in here and help me out, that would be awesome. My pool is currently being filled, and I'm a bit nervous. I'm following the Acid Startup since my pool finish is pebble. In the last step of the procedure, the article says to use "sanitizer". What is "sanitizer"?

You do not have any CYA to test unless you have added it.

Does your start up instructions from the Plaster company say when you should add CYA?

Then do that. Get your dry stabilizer/conditioner/CYA ready and a knee high panty hose. Start by adding what you need to get to 30 ppm CYA using the pool volume you show. Once that is fully dissolved, wait a day and then test the CYA. Based on that result, add enough CYA to get to 70 ppm.

Keep your FC in the target range based on your current (or expected) CYA. Keep 3 ppm in the pool now, when you start dissolving your CYA, adjust the FC range.

Are you using Poolmath?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
In Poolmath, start Tracking CSI. With a new pool surface, you want your CSI between 0 and 0.5 for at least 30 days. So monitor that and adjust pH using acid to keep the CSI in that range.

Reactions: MiggyV