Grand Island NE
I just filled my pool and my test results are:
FC-0
CC-0
pH- 7.2
TA- 250
CA-250
CYA-0
Which chemicals do I add first? Do I need to add the Muriatic Acid to lower the TA and then adjust my pH and then add my CYA and then chlorine or what order should I add chemicals to get everything where it needs to be?

What test kit are you using? Add it to your signature.

Ignore TA.
Add 2ppm of FC and get 30ppm of CYA dissolving in a sock.

That is pretty much all you need to do now. And then just maintain adequate FC for your CYA according to the FC/CYA Levels.

What test kit are you using? Add it to your signature.

Ignore TA.
Add 2ppm of FC and get 30ppm of CYA dissolving in a sock.

That is pretty much all you need to do now. And then just maintain adequate FC for your CYA according to the FC/CYA Levels.
Oops sorry I have the Taylor K-2006 test kit! Can I add the bleach and CYA at the same time or do I need to do 1 before the other? Thank you

You want to get chlorine in the water ASAP, so add that. And then get the CYA dissolving. It may take a few days for it to dissolve, squeeze the sock to help it out. You can then continue to add FC as needed while the CYA is still dissolving.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.