Just filled pool, what next

Do you have any iron in your well water?

Start 30 ppm CYA dissolving. Add 3 ppm FC to the water today and tomorrow follow the FC/CYA Levels based on 30 ppm CYA.

Monitor your pH and keep it in the 7's using muriatic acid.

Chlorine or acid, then CYA in the sock, then chlorine or acid you didn't add already, then kids. 15 minutes between the two liquids, fifteen minutes between liquids and kids. If you need help using poolmath, holler. If you want numbers checked before adding , holler.

Yes I have iron in my water. Attached are pictures during the fill and after running the pump over night.
Think of going with a salt water setup, but haven't added salt yet or hooked up the SWG. I'll add chlorine now and start the CYA then I'm going to store now to get salt and muriatic acid.
Figure I'll get the water balanced before deciding on salt or not.

39523.jpeg20200617_093534.jpg
20200617_093452.jpg

After running my sand filter with my cartridge filter the pool water is looking pretty good, no longer tinted green.
Here are my current numbers
FC = 3
PH = 8
TA = 350
CH = 75
CYA = 50

Going to add the pool salt and convert over to salt water, but should I work on lowering my PH & TA first? Pool math says to add 33 oz of muriatic acid, seems like a lot.

How are you getting your test results?

Using your data, I get adding 28 oz of 31.45% MA to lower your pH to 7.4. You will be doing that often until the TA comes down.

No need to wait on the salt or using the SWCG. Go for it. Raise your FC now to 8 ppm.

I have a Taylor K-2006 kit, but my chemicals have expired in 2018 & 2019 so hope that's ok. When I plug my numbers into the pool math page i get 33 oz to lower it to 7.6.
After raising the FC to 8, should I maintain that level? What should the level be when I start using my SWCG?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I would suggest getting a refill kit for the K2006 now from TFTestkits.net. Look for the refilll specifically for that kit.

I rechecked my Poolmath. I cannot replicate your numbers.

If you keep your CYA at 50, target 5-6 ppm FC with the SWCG. If you need to, you may want to raise your CYA a bit for the SWCG. See how it goes.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.