Just Filled and Green Pool

Tkpearson721

May 17, 2020
Virginia
It took me 5 days to fill using well water. We had some rain in between. My Ph and TA was very low so I added baking soda, cya, and liquid chlorine last night. When I rinsed filter cartridge it looked kind of slimy I'm worried it could be algae. My numbers today are as follows:

FC - 4
CC - .5
PH - 7.2
TA - 90
CH - 0
CYA - 30

Ok will do. Yes, my well water does have a little iron in it. I wasn't sure whether it was iron or algae. The chlorine didn't turn it brown. It has light green tint. I can see clearly to the bottom of the pool. Its not cloudy just green.

Clear green is normally iron. You can still do an OCLT, but if you have a skimmer, put some paper towels in it and see if they turn brown.

Good news! I passed the OCLT .5 ppm FC loss and 0.5 CC. Hopefully, no algae. I started the bucket filter yesterday and the results are amazing. Pictures attached. It must have been the iron in the well water. What are my next steps for testing after shock? I'm going to test FC which should have dropped today and didn't know when I could test PH and TA.

Attachments

• 20200603_134915.jpg
    20200603_134915.jpg
    548.4 KB · Views: 4
  • FB_IMG_1591296916532.jpg
    FB_IMG_1591296916532.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 4
  • Love
Reactions: Casey
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.