Just Filled Again

MnD

Aug 17, 2019
Lake Elizabeth, CA
Hello Everyone! We are currently filling our pool again after emptying it because we couldn't get rid of the algae. We scrubbed the pool with mixture of bleach and water. Apart from testing it when it is again full, are there any recommendations for starting the filter again? We are not going to buy pool store supplies anymore and would love a shopping list... I read the ABC's of Pool Chemistry, but would appreciate some feedback with regard to what I should have on hand with my type of filter. Thanks so much!

As you fill the pool, add enough CYA to reach 30 ppm and keep FC at 3 ppm. You can just do that by adding enough liquid chlorine to add 6 ppm FC each day. That way your low FC point each day will be about 3 ppm. Use Poolmath for amounts.

When you get your test kit, run the tests and post them here. You may have to follow the SLAM Process regardless.

Reactions: MnD
Also --
Order a TF-100

The only other real option for a test kit is a Taylor K-2006-C. Be careful comparing prices because the K-2006 comes in sizes, designated by a letter. The basic K-2006 has .75oz bottles. You need to get the K-2006-C to get the larger bottles that you want.

I also have the Speedstir. It makes testing much easier.

^ listen to him, he knows his stuff.

Just to be clear, it is chlorine and not the filter that kills and prevents the algae. Make sure you have several bottles of liquid chlorine, and a plan to test for and add chlorine on a regular basis.

Reactions: MnD
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.