Just dont know what to get (new to the world of above ground pool)

dv_damian57

Apr 27, 2020
Cape Coral, FL
Hello everyone. I was hoping you all be able to help me and my family with this. We want to get a semi-above ground pool since a normal pool its soooo out of our budget. We wanted to get something that will last and that its semi-above. We dont want a fully above ground pool. Some of the ones we looked at so far are the:

Aquasport 52 and the Verona

We are basically looking for suggestions of good pools, places to get them from, brands or models that are still good but might be a better budget friendly than those we mentioned and what we should look out for when pricing this things out. Also feedback on the ones we have looked at so far. Are they good or should we get something else instead? Looking forward to hearing back from this community since you all probably have way more experience than us on this :) ... one more thing... any seller suggestions its also appreciated.

Again thanks again in advance for help our family make the right decision on this.

Hi, welcome to TFP! If you want to partially bury a pool it is best to get one that is designed to be partially buried. You can partially bury any hard side pool, but it will void your warranty on most brands. Both pools you are looking at are good. Are you planning to build it yourself or have it installed? Some other brands you may want to look at are Doughboy and Radiant. I think Doughboy and Lomart may have the same parent company. Costs are going to depend on where you live.

Hi, welcome to TFP! If you want to partially bury a pool it is best to get one that is designed to be partially buried. You can partially bury any hard side pool, but it will void your warranty on most brands. Both pools you are looking at are good. Are you planning to build it yourself or have it installed? Some other brands you may want to look at are Doughboy and Radiant. I think Doughboy and Lomart may have the same parent company. Costs are going to depend on where you live.

Radiant doesnt have any dealers in my area. I also heard great things about Wilbar Intrepid but the price seems pretty close to that Aquasport 52. So many decisions and not enough information lol ... So that leaves Doughboy and Lomart. I have not personally checked those yet. Im planning to have someone install it for us

From what RoyalSwimming Pools told me, the Verona is the same as the Optimum, which is what I had planned to get before Covid closed my work (the reason I chose the Optimum is bc I have a local dealer/installer) I did lots of research on it, and it seems like a really good pool, just a bit pricey. Some have said that it's basically the same as the Radiant pools. I haven't looked at the installation specs for the Verona, but if it is indeed the same as the Optimum, keep in mind that if it is installed 2 feet or more in ground it requires a concrete collar. That will increase the install price. I don't know anything about the otehr pool you listed. I always hear that doughboys are good pools too and can be installed semi inground. One thing I did while searching is that when I found a pool that was listed semi inground, I read the installation pdf. It will list what you need to semi install (type of backfill) and how to do it correctly. You can then estimate how much more it will cost to do the semi inground.

One thing, do you have an installer already? I ask bc I had a really hard time finding someone to install a pool that I purchased online. I finally found someone, but they wouldn't install semi inground. I'd try to line someone up before I ordered the pool.
Good luck. I researched for a year before finally deciding on the Optimum bc there's just so many pools out there.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.