Just Bought A House With A Pool...Where to Begin?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So looking at that video you posted on how to vacuum, it looks like I have everything I need....except a hose that will carry the water away from my pump and filter, since that will be plugged into the vacuume. I take it I'll have to buy another if I want to do that?
Yes.. test the water to see what your baseline will be... really easy start...

The hose you need is called a backwash hose... Walmart has them.. just slide onto that fitting and put a clamp over it to reduce leakage.
Get more stabilizer too... 4lb should be fine with your size pool for now.. will get you to about 33 cya.. you have enuf bleach to get started.

Leave about 6-12 inches of water in the pool...Once the water is drained, do a good inspection of the liner to make sure there aren't any rips. Clean out the rest of the debris, scrub the inside of the liner.. try to get as fresh of a start as possible

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I would keep slamming, it might start to clear, save you a lot of time and work, but it will also cost the chlorine expense so It is a gamble. Also I missed it you have already answered the question, but, will you be using well water to refill?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Here is URL for the Walmart hoses

- - - Updated - - -

I think I see the problem you bought a vacuum hose not a backwash hoes, I thought I saw a picture of a vacuum hose that you had, unless it was a picture from cj3737. I think you were looking for a backwash hose, I could be mistaken. If it is the backwash hose you need you could return the vacuum hose, Walmart is pretty good that way

Cya is prolly 0 but test it anyways...

When are you going to do the fill?

Saturday I guess...

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

I think I see the problem you bought a vacuum hose not a backwash hoes, I thought I saw a picture of a vacuum hose that you had, unless it was a picture from cj3737. I think you were looking for a backwash hose, I could be mistaken. If it is the backwash hose you need you could return the vacuum hose, Walmart is pretty good that way

I looked all around their pool supplies and it was the only hose they had. I guess I could return it, but then I wouldn't have a hose for backwash and I do need one, so I dunno...

- - - Updated - - -

Yep..50' rolled up flat hose...

You can stop the pump if you are set on draining

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.