Just began Building new pool, pipe sizing and equipment

I like the look of a pool with pure white plaster, but know that they easily stain. What is the advantage of a lighter color pebble tec as opposed to plaster, the cost will be the same for me whichever way

i do not like a rough or bumpy surface but am confused as to the feel of the different finishes pebbletec now has Sheen, brilliance, breeze or fina? Anyone that has used these less bumpy finishes please let me know
We also liked the look of white plaster and the resulting classic light blue water hue and, based on a recommendation from our PB, went with Diamond Brite Oyster Quartz which is a quartz-based white plaster. The texture is nice and smooth and the plaster application was done well and the plaster “waviness” is minimal and consistent throughout.

We have only had the pool a few months, have been managing the pool to TFP recommendations, and have experienced no staining yet. We do have softened water as our fill water.

Good luck with your selection.

Mark

• Love
Reactions: kimkats
2-1/2" pipe is an uncommond size. I usually thought 2" was sufficient. unless you have really long runs of pipe I don't see a need for 2-1/2 pipe. If you do I would uses 3" as it's much more common and readily available. If every pipe is a home run 2" is more than enough too. Where multiple pipes join stepping up in size may be warranted, but none of your equipement has anything larger than a 2" fitting. Using 2" and sweeps instead of elbows would probably be better than stepping up to 2-1/2" or 3" with elbows.

Aqua holics
Thank you. What is the difference between pebble brilliance and pebble breeze
do they actually grind down the whole pool to smooth out the texture? What are your thoughts on this finish and how much extra is it

in your opinion what is the best choice if the rougher texture of reg pebbletec or sheen hurts the bottom of your feet?
thank you

We are in plumbing stage and PB wants to put in 3 re and one skimmer on a 25,000 gal pool about 18x38

one of the PB’s had told me the same, the other said 4 and 2 skimmers. What are your recommendations, as I have only 2 more days left. He is doing Home runs on each return

Two skimmers. One that will pickup material based on your prevailing wind.
3 or 4 returns. They do not matter as much as the prevailing wind for skimming.

I have not personally seen a Pebble Breeze finish on a residential pool so I am unaware of its exact installation process.
Pebble Fina is most commonly installed on the jobs I’m involved with. To me It’s feel is more like an orange peel and when installed correctly the finish is not a concern for roughness.
Hydrazzo is the smoothest finish I have felt, these were on high end pool due the cost.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.