Junk collecting under walk in stairs

mommark

Silver Supporter
May 29, 2014
Midland, MI
I thought that I would love our new confer steps, but I saw today that there's a ton of junk underneath them. How do you all keep it clean under them? We attached them to our new deck so moving them easily is not an option. Need some ideas and advice please.

This is probably less effective than above suggestions, but whenever I am brushing I give a few pushbroom type pushes under/behind my steps, in the direction of circulation just to get what I can out.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I also have walk in stairs that attached to the deck. I used a couple pieces of left over trex decking to build up two blocks. The first two deck boards are screwed down permanently to the deck. The 2nd layer is screwed on top and that is what the stairs fastens to. So if I have to remove my stairs several times a year for thorough cleaning I don't build up screw holes in the decking.

I do like the idea of a high pressure wand. That is def on my list now! Just a couple tips if you remove your stairs from the mounts for cleaning a couple times a year.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.