Jumpin' on the Bandwagon in NTX

It looks wider than 4 ft, at least the outside part of the circumference.

I think it looks great. I'm also doing a rolled edge spa with a spillway, currently set at 4' but I'm considering making it 5' wide.

I haven't seen that way of using the coping tile on the sides like you mentioned above that will be ground down. I typically see the spa surround tile used there on the sides or the Spillway tile, in your case the glass 1x1 on the sides.

I'm looking forward to see how it turns out since I'm maybe 1 month behind you. Got infloor plumbing done today and hoping if rain stays out, I'll have gunite next week.

Reactions: TexasTomKat
It looks wider than 4 ft, at least the outside part of the circumference.

I think it looks great. I'm also doing a rolled edge spa with a spillway, currently set at 4' but I'm considering making it 5' wide.

I haven't seen that way of using the coping tile on the sides like you mentioned above that will be ground down. I typically see the spa surround tile used there on the sides or the Spillway tile, in your case the glass 1x1 on the sides.

I'm looking forward to see how it turns out since I'm maybe 1 month behind you. Got infloor plumbing done today and hoping if rain stays out, I'll have gunite next week.
I think it’s more like 5 1/2 -6’

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
That looks really good. Nice tile selection too. I'm looking forward to seeing how the spillway tile looks since I'll be doing something similar.
Thank you! We’ll have to wait a few days, they ran out of tile🤨
On a positive note, they should be cleaning up the yard and prepping for decking tomorrow. Please post pics of what you end up going!

Spa looking real nice. Did they smooth the gunite down before they installed the glass tiles on the rolled edge and inside of the spillway?
Thank you. Yes they smoothed everywhere they tiled. They really worked hard on the rolled beam and spillway (in and out), hopefully it flows evenly.

Reactions: travelfeedsthesoul
This thread makes me depressed. Your dig was two months after mine and at this point your build is a head of mine in half the time.

This is great thanks for sharing!! I Live over in Wylie and thing of getting a pool this size.. What was your approximate cost if you do not mind me asking?

Reactions: TexasTomKat
This thread makes me depressed. Your dig was two months after mine and at this point your build is a head of mine in half the time.
I’m sorry for all you are going through. I’ve been following your build and am grateful for the way ours has been handled so far. Tomorrow may be a different story. The clean up crew took all of our remaining dirt off sight last week, came back today to rough grade and didn’t have enough fill. Somebody is going to have to bring more dirt. I’m anticipating a mini battle. We’ve had a few, this hasn’t been all roses.

This is great thanks for sharing!! I Live over in Wylie and thing of getting a pool this size.. What was your approximate cost if you do not mind me asking?
Comparable to the dozen other quotes we got. We chose the owner who communicated the best and felt confident he would do well by us.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.